Wednesday, March 12, 2014

The cat is out of the bag... and mine is about to go into one.

I had this post all written and my cat jumped on the computer and deleted it all! GRR!!  So that is why she is about to go into a bag - what a stinker!!  The cat that I'm letting OUT of the bag is.......I GOT A JOB!  I'm now a night shift caregiver at a residential care facility!  I always enjoyed being a caregiver.  At one point I held a CNA license but that has since lapsed.  It's hard getting used to the overnight shift but I'll get there.  I didn't work out for a single day last week.  I could smack myself in the head!  This week I'm starting all over.

I went back to week 2 on the couch to 5k program.  I lowered the speed a little bit.  Instead of running at 5.0 I am running at 4.5.  It's still challenging but it's not going to make me drop dead!  I'm REALLY looking forward to racing again!  I LOVE it SO MUCH!  The only issue now is that my work hours are not all that race friendly.  I'm sure I'll figure something out!  I have my eyes on two races, one in early May and one in early June.  I'm not sure which one I want to do more!

The other day I was in the dollar store picking up a few things.  I saw that they had some ear buds so I figured, what the heck.  My headphones had broken and I didn't have an extra set.  I got to the car with my dollar store ear buds and tried them out, not a single sound came out of them!  I know they were dollar store specials, but shoot, you'd expect them to at least work a LITTLE!  They don't do refunds there so she told me to grab something else.  I didn't want to try ear buds again, so I just grabbed some plastic Easter eggs.  I like to hang them from our big tree in the front yard.  My daughter about lost her mind when I got those.  I had no clue why she want so crazy!  In the car she kept begging me for one.  I couldn't figure out what was so exciting about a plastic egg.  I gave her one and watched the excitement on her face suddenly melt away when she realized there was no candy in the egg. HA!  She must have thought that the entire pack of eggs was filled with candy!  No wonder she was so excited!  What a silly girl!

Today is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!  The sun is shining and it's in the low 60's!  I think this would be the perfect day to bring out the paints and make some paper Easter eggs for the window!  My kids will be VERY excited about this!  Especially my son, he has been begging to paint something for weeks now.

Well, I had better call it a day.  I have a lot of things to do and not much time (or energy) to do them!!
Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful day! -Monica


No comments:

Post a Comment