Saturday, February 22, 2014

Beautiful Saturday!

Today was absolutely beautiful!  The sun was shining and it was about 55 degrees!  Pete took my son to a basketball game so my daughter and I spent the day together.  I completely overslept and missed the daycare at the gym.  I'm not going to beat myself up over it though, I obviously needed the rest.  We went on a nice long walk - I'd say around 3 - 4 miles.  It was PERFECT!  My daughter had her baby with her again and once again I got funny looks.  It's funny, when I bought the doll I was so very excited about it because it looked so much like her when she was a baby.  I never thought this could pose a problem!  One guy actually said today that the doll looks like it could be my daughter's sister! HA!

I took it pretty easy again.  I figure Monday will be a good day to get back on track after my wicked pain attack.  Of course, yesterday my freaking monster of a dog (she is absolutely huge) barreled into me and nailed me in the knee cap.  I have no idea what part of her body was so hard that it hurt like that, but I now have a big lump and a bruise there.  It is really tender.  I figure one more day of resting won't hurt that either.  I'm not worried.  I got SO much more exercise in this one week than I have in the last six months!  I actually find myself looking forward to my weigh in day on Monday!

Monday is going to be pretty insane actually.  I have the usual drop off of my son to school, then the race to the gym.  I'll have to hurry up at the gym because I have to race across town to the pain doctor to get another injection in my face.  Then I go home and rest for a bit - if the injection hurts anything like the last one I'm going to need to put my feet up for a while.  Then I have to get my son after school and then go to a dentist appointment at 4.  EEK!  I am thinking ahead though!  I am going to have all of my meals for Monday already cooked and packaged up, ready to go!  That way I won't have an excuse to eat like crap!

You know, I thought it was silly of me to keep that journal like I do - you know, what my plan for the next day with all the meals scheduled in advance.  Well, let me tell you what!  I didn't do it on Friday and I screwed up like nobody's business!  I won't do THAT again!  I didn't even MEAN to not do it, I was so tired I just fell asleep before I could write in my journal!  I even fell asleep with it in my lap!  That is why I am going to do tomorrow's plan as soon as I finish here!  I'm feeling so pretty excited about this journey!  I can't wait to get back to where I was before surgery!  I think I'm going to make a list of goals.  Last time I did 36 by 36.  Well, this year is the big 39 - EEK!  I don't think I have time enough to finish 39 goals by my birthday so maybe I'll cut the number in half - well, mostly anyway, since 39 is not an even number. :-D   Let's make it 20 by 39!  I'm going to think on that, I am pretty sure I can get those written down and entered on a page on this blog by tomorrow night!  I know I still have to post some before pictures.  I have to admit.  I'm pretty intimidated by that.  It hurts me to the core that I am not where I was after all that hard work two years ago!  I'm sure I'll get them on here, I DID take them, I just need to lose a bit more weight before I feel ok with putting them on here!  I need some distance from this version of me!

Well, my little ankle biters are still awake and it's past their bed time!  It's time for me to sign off!  Have a wonderful night!  Thank you so much for reading! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment