Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Lemon Jello.

That is what my body feels like.  A big heaping bowl of jiggly, wiggly, lemon jello.  WOW am I ever sore today!  My upper body is very sore from my workout yesterday and today's run took care of my legs!  It's so funny, I was dreading today's run SO MUCH.  I kept thinking about it last night and all this morning.  When I got to the gym I talked to the child care attendant longer than usual - because in the back of my head I was afraid of the run!  WHY?????  It was awesome!  It wasn't easy, but it was awesome!  I was worried my run was going to be horrible because my foot was acting funny.  As I was walking my daughter into the gym I got a sudden cramp in my left foot. OH MAN it was intense!  It still hurt when I started running but it eventually backed off.  It kind of hurts again right now so once I'm done blogging, I am going to soak it in epsom salt.

I had another good day of eating right!  I have a few points left and I plan on making some popcorn!  I may have to push my last eating time back to 9 pm.  8 pm is the kids' bedtime and the whole process takes a good hour!  We got this huge box of microwave popcorn from Costco - it was an amazing deal!  There are like 40 bags of popcorn for less than 10 bucks!  We have a family movie night every Friday.  We put out the air mattress, pop some popcorn, and watch a movie together.  Now we will be set on popcorn for a VERY long time!

I came across a dilemma this morning.  Breakfast.  I'm not completely sure I have it figured out but I'm on my way to an idea. Mornings are crazy here.  I tend to be a night owl so I have a hard time waking up as it is.  I have to get myself and the kids ready and out the door by 8.  My son likes to eat breakfast at school so he does that most mornings.  I have to try to start waking up earlier so I can have my breakfast before we leave for school.  I try to make my daughter some oatmeal or a waffle before we leave and then her sippy cup with milk.  She doesn't generally eat much breakfast so she is pretty easy to please.  The problem is me.  I have to eat balanced meals.  I HAVE to.  My sugar gets wonky and crashes if I don't.  That means a real breakfast.  Who has time for that?  The big dilemma that I had today was that I can not eat before I run. It makes me so sick.  It also messes with my sugar if I eat before a run.  I usually have errands to do after the gym so if I don't have breakfast with me then it's no breakfast and that is not good. I think what I am going to start doing on run days is bring a cup of greek yogurt with me and keep it in my son's old school lunch box. (it's not cool for him to use a Toy Story lunch box you know - so I inherited it!)  I just thought of this today so I'm going to be ready for Friday's run!

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day.  I'm going to try to plan for it but I'm hoping I can still stay on track.  Breakfast and dinner are not going to be a problem but I may have to plan to have lunch on the go.  Here is the craziness: Drop my son off at school then get to the gym and do my lower body weight training and some cross on a stationary bike.  Then I have to go to a new doctor (cross your fingers, I'm trying a pain management doctor to see if I can get better control of my Trigeminal Neuralgia!).  Then I have to grab my husband at work and go to my son's school for a teacher conference.  Then hubby has to race home to meet his brother so they can go to a game and I'll have to start dinner.  PHEW I'm tired just typing it!  Tomorrow is going to be insane.

I keep a notebook that has my beginning stats - maybe when I lose some significant weight I'll share the stats with you. :-P  I also have my running plan in there as well as my weight training plan.  Every night I sit down and plan out the meals I'm going to have the next day.  I've noticed that having something already planned REALLY helps me stay on track.  I think I'm going to have to go and start planning tomorrow.  I feel like I'm in need of an early bedtime!

Thanks for reading!  Have a WONDERFUL night! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment