Friday, February 21, 2014

Day of rest and dirty looks!

I took a day of rest today.  It wasn't scheduled, but my pain level is still not where I can easily handle it.  I should be ready to go tomorrow!  I have an appointment on Monday to block the nerve that is making my ear freak out.  Oddly enough - today my left ear started freaking out.  That has not happened in a very long time.  I suppose I'll have to report that to the doctor.  That scares me.  I hope I don't end up needing an injection on both sides.  I'll look like a walking marshmallow head!  Well, that, and it hurts to get an injection in your face. :-P

I had a quiet day at home with my little girl.  We didn't do much - we just snuggled a lot.  I think she is starting to come down with a cold, so I just let her watch movies today.  She is VERY partial to Minnie Mouse!   When hubby got home we all went to my son's school for "family night".  I'm not really big on these.  Personally, I'd rather spend family night at home with my family.  We usually have "family time" every Friday at our house.  That involves a movie, some popcorn, and the air mattress in the living room.  It's SO much fun!  After we finished the school's family night (it was actually pretty neat, there were a lot of stations and each had a science concept that you could explore through play), we went home and had our traditional family time.  We watched "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2"  I actually liked it MUCH more than the first one.  I didn't really like the first one actually!  My son went nuts over this - he LOVED it!  My daughter conked out in the first five minutes.

Oh, just something funny I thought you might get a laugh out of.  My daughter has this doll.  It is really cute - but it TOTALLY  looks like a real baby.  It's even the size of a newborn.  A few weeks ago it was unseasonably cold here - we even had snow.  Well, we had all run to the store and of course my daughter brought baby along.  She fell asleep in the cart so I had to put baby in the car.  Once I got both kids buckled, I put the cart in the corral but I had baby in my arms.  You know that mommy stance you never even give a second thought to?  I was holding baby like that - on my hip.  Well, baby is wearing short sleeves and bare feet with no hat.  This woman started YELLING at me.  I mean YELLING that I need to cover that child up and what was I thinking, treating an infant that way!  I was so stunned!  I held the doll up by one leg and said "IT"S A DOLL, LADY!!!!!".  She turned bright red and hopped into her car!  No wonder my daughter loves this doll - it really looks like a baby!  The whole reason I brought it up was because at the school's family night I ended up carrying baby and I was holding her with her face mashed into the coats I was also carrying. (I seem to be the designated carry all person).  People kept giving me double takes and it took me a while to figure out it was because of baby!


It was a pretty chill sort of day but I think I really needed it.  I'm going to do my run tomorrow.  I'm still not 100% but with trigeminal neuralgia, you rarely get better than 80% so I'll take it!

Thanks for reading!  Have a wonderful night!! -Monica

No comments:

Post a Comment